I ended up on HB’s website today as a person who totally needed to make this list. So, I’m following through with something I totally need to do.
.…things I’m passionate about
- Touching things, especially fabric and wood
- Clothing (I know, it’s lame, but it’s true)
- Waking up in my own apartment on Sundays
- the four seasons
…things to do before I die
- Write and publish a book
- Eat a chocolate croissant in a cafe in Paris while smoking a cigarette and watching people walk by.
- Sky dive in Australia.
- have an out-of-body experience on Macchu Pichu.
- Raise a child.
- time travel.
- spend serious time on all 7 continents, or at least the main 6.
- Learn how to cook.
(illegal #9: find out what the hell a “meme” is)
…things I say often
- Don’t judge.
- Não entendi
- I’m so tired / estou consada
- mais uma caipirinha, por favor.
- Eu não sei a palavra.
- Sou americana.
…books I’ve read recently
- The English Patient (currently reading)
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time
- Pocketful of Names
- Trans-Sister Radio
- Where the Red Fern Grows
- A Thousand Splendid Suns
- The Kite Runner
…songs I could listen to over and over
(this is a little impossible and mostly reflects my most recent iPod listening)
Don’t Stop Believin’–Journey
Gotta Have You–The Weepies
Kind of Blue–Miles Davis
Shelter from the Storm–Bob Dylan
Lebanese Blonde–Thievery Corporation
Caring is Creepy–The Shins
The Out of Africa soundtrack
…things that attract me to my friends
ability to put up with my lack of contact
their willingness to get me out of the house
sense of humor and ability to make fun of me
willingness to share gossip (Thank you HB for admitting it first)
their diversity of likes and dislikes, the variation of what we do together
…people who should totally do this meme